Although California Baby products are used and promoted for use by sensitive adults, they are designed for babies and kids. Usually little ones have baby fine hair and do not use styling aids like gel, hairspray, etc. Their hair care needs are a little different than an adult’s.
Nevertheless, California Baby washes and conditioners work great on adult hair because they are non-stripping, which means your own natural oils that add softness and shine are left intact, and hair coloring treatments lasts longer.
Here are a few CB hair washing and conditioning tips
- Wash your hair once—but let it sit for at 30-60 seconds to do its job
- Start the cleansing at the temples, front and back of scalp, which are the oiliest parts
- Move to the ends of the hair, which tend to be the driest, and to keep your ends in tip top shape and extend your next hair trim, don’t concentrate or start your washing at the ends
- By now we know that bubbling isn’t where the cleaning happens, so avoid trying to ‘foam up,’ instead make sure the product is evenly distributed—if it makes contact, it’s working to break the surface tension of oil and water—releasing it from your hair
- California Baby hair conditioners are lightweight by design—giving you the option to leave it in for extra conditioning (great for curly hair) or do a quick rinse for finer hair